Saturday, August 10, 2013

Celebration

Leave a Comment
Miss the fireworks from National Day? Do drop by Harbourfront area to catch some distant fireworks set off by USS on Saturdays or selected holidays! & Speaking about happy events, brought my food buddy to The King Louis for his birthday celebration. Those who frequent the Daiso at Vivocity would already have came across this theme restaurant long ago. Honestly, I did not know about this till a friend recommended it to me recently. 
The King Louis Grill & Bar 
VivoCity, #03-07A
1 Harbourfront Walk, Singapore 098585 (Harbourfront MRT)
This castle-themed restaurant serves cuisine that represents what the royal families eat in the medieval period. Upon arrival, the entrance and dining area are all guarded with these armoured knights around 2 metres tall. To add on, there's also a life-size tiger figure as well as really customized furnishings to fit the theme. I didn't manage to take a picture of the other side of the restaurant, but we were able to see the Far Far Away Castle from Universal Studios, so the owner really do know how to pick the perfect location. 
Knights of the Round Table - Platter A ($19.90)
We helped ourselves to our platter of starters & it includes castle drumlets, bratwurst sausages, banana bacon bites, crispy wedges and some side mesclun salad. The salad was amazing & the rest were fine. The only thing we didn't really like was that the drumlets were a tad bit stiff. This is a 3.7/5.
BBQ Chicken Pullet ($17.50)
Along with some mesclun and straight cut fries, this was served piping hot to our table & the chicken was tender and delicious. However, in my opinion maybe it was slightly overcooked because there were some dry parts. Still, the portion is good for its price, an honest 3.9/5.
Carlsberg Battered Fish & Chips ($17.90)
This came to us with side mesclun, lemon wedges and tartar sauce. To me, it wasn't a wow factor I was expecting because fish & chips from an English restaurant were supposed to be amazing than other places. But besides the outer crisp, it wasn't perfect, therefore for me its a 3.3/5. Maybe my expectations were too high but the next time I ever visit, I'll definitely try something else. Heard from my friend the banquet were amazing & worth the price!

So anyway all the food were served together but not everything was served hot. My idea is that we visited at an awkward timing at 5.10pm and they were probably short-handed in the kitchen so I couldn't blame.

The restaurant does show some potential, they are smart enough to have the same side dishes (mesclun & fries) to most of the entrees because of their long menu but we couldn't finish everything because of this reason as well; I do hope we can request for other sides next time. Overall I heard that it was a good family restaurant & the live band/music were great, we weren't able to enjoy the performance because we left just the time it was about to start. So if you ever think of visiting, reserve a table any time after 6.30pm. 

Overall Ratings: (3.8/5)
What I Liked: Ambience, Service, Concept
What I Disliked: Price, Exceptionally Large Portions

It is actually my kind of thing that I visit another restaurant/cafe for separate desserts. This not only give me a new environment to experience but also the chance to capture the first impression of a new place. This place has actually been in Singapore for years, but I have no idea why I didn't try it in the past.
Image Courtesy:  http://www.fruitparadise.com.sg/
Fruits Paradise
VivoCity, #01-59
1 Harbourfront Walk, Singapore 098585 (Harbourfront MRT)
Strawberry Tiramisu ($6.80)
This healthy-looking tart tasted fresh and light with hint of sweet and bitter in between. The crust is well-made and I believe that's the key to a perfect tart. A good 4.5/5. Sadly, only left enough money to stomach one tart, but my next visit I'm hoping on trying their mixed berries chocolate or seasonal fruits versions. 

Overall Ratings: (4.5/5)
What I Liked: Quality, Taste, Variety, Ambience
What I Disliked: Nil

0 comments:

Post a Comment