Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Typical Day Out

Leave a Comment
Ever since Jem opened its doors in June, it has become my new favourite hang-out place to go. Firstly, there are several new eateries to try out, secondly, quality and service always seem to be of top priorities at many new outlets. Initially, we couldn't decide whether to go for Asian cuisines at Lee's Taiwanese or Shin Kushiya or Western cuisines at Marche Movenpick or Ambush. We went ahead with Ambush because of their wider floor space & more relaxing environment. First impression counts. 
Image Courtesy:  https://www.facebook.com/AmbushSG
Ambush - Fast Casual European Dining
Jem®, #04-13/14 
50 Jurong Gateway Road, Singapore 608549 (Jurong East MRT)
Poulet Roti ($17.20)
We had this French dish of roasted garlic & herb rubbed chicken leg with grainy mustard mash with yellow chanterelle mushrooms, reduced cream sauce & seasonal vegetables. It wasn't exceptionally awesome but a good try. I'd rate it 3.5/5. 
Sesame Crusted Salmon Fillet - 160g ($17.80)
This French dish was served with cranberry rice, scallion capers hollandaise & garden greens. I give it a 3.8/5 because the rice & sauce was amazing, but maybe a little more flavour to the fish.
Ambush Paella ($14.20)
This Spanish dish comes with white clams, mussels, queen scallop, prawns, sliced bacon and sausages. It's a very flavourful dish but just a little too liquidity than normal. So it's a 3/5 and I do hope the other paellas taste better considering it's Spain's national dish. 

Overall Ratings: (3.5/5)
What I Liked: Ambience, Variety, Casual/Convenient European Food
What I Disliked: Price, Inaccessible Website

For desserts my food buddy & I went straight to Mado, the one place that I've always wanted to try one month before Jem opened. I'm sure many around me have heard me raving about this place again & again.
Image Courtesy:  http://www.mado.asia/about-us/company-info/
MADO Cafe
Jem®, #01-04 
50 Jurong Gateway Road, Singapore 608549 (Jurong East MRT)
Sliced Ice Cream - Original & Pistachio ($11.50)
Normal ice creams you find out there are totally made from cow's milk, gelatin and other artificial flavours. These sliced maras cut are natural organic stuff from goat's milk and Salep, a type of Turkish flour. The ice cream itself not only tasted flavour-rich and of high quality, the consistency is also perfected so that it doesn't melt easily. Recommended way of eating? With your knife & fork, it's slice-able. Although the price after GST & Service Charges are around $13.50, a little expensive for few spoonfuls of ice cream, I was upset with the hole in my pockets but nevertheless, I still love this plate so much I'm rating it 5/5. It's worth it. 

This cafe also serves halal Turkish food, pastries, ice cream & fine beverages. Unfortunately, we only had enough space for desserts and also there for one thing - the ice cream. So I can't give reviews about the other stuff. By the way, it's not easy to find Turkish ice cream in Singapore anymore, the fun tricky one at Far East Plaza already closed down long ago. So this place would probably be the place I'd go the next time I crave for chewy ice cream.

Overall Ratings: (4.8/5)
What I Liked: Quality, Taste, Service
What I Disliked: Limited/Small Space, Inaccessible Website

0 comments:

Post a Comment